The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Amazon’s AWS cloud services ends 2012 as the most popular cloud service among software developers according to Forrester Research. But competition looms for Amazon in 2013. Microsoft’s Azure, Google, and SalesForce.com’s Force.com are all seeing growth.
- 71 percent of developers surveyed use Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- 25 percent have used Microsoft’s Azure platform
- 23 percent have deployed applications on Google
- 23 percent have used Force.com
40 percent of developers think that they’ll use AWS even more this year, while 20 percent say that they’ll be using more of Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform.
Cloud services are popular with developers primarily because of the following three reasons:
- Ability to rapidly access and deploy resources
- Low to reasonable pricing
- High productivity