The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Cisco and PC Connection have done a new survey on Cloud Computing. The answers to most of the survey questions are consistent with other similar surveys.
Driver: What Drives Businesses to be Interested in the Cloud?
- 42 percent – Improved Backup and Disaster Recovery
- 40 percent – Always Available Application Access
- 40 percent – Cost Savings
- 38 percent – Reduction of on-site Infrastructure
- 35 percent – Easier Scalability in Capacity
- 33 percent – Improved Workforce Mobility
Obstacle: What are Businesses Chief Concerns about the Cloud?
- 65 percent – Security
- 34 percent – Inability to integrate current systems/applications/networks
- 33 percent – Performance
- 32 percent – Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- 28 percent – Lack of Cloud Standards
- 27 percent – Lack of Visibility into Future Cost
- 20 percent – Managing a Vendor/Partner
One interesting finding of the survey is that businesses are sceptical about cloud computing being able to free up IT staff. Less than 50 percent of businesses surveyed thought that introduction of cloud computing would allow them to be able to free up their IT staff.