The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
In 2020, the combination of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS public cloud market is expected to grow $300 billion, according to Forrester.
Forrester said that “enterprises are just now starting to use cloud to modernize core business apps and processes; to date, they’ve been using cloud primarily to build new apps and rehost infrastructure.”
Some of Forrester’s predictions for 2020 include:
- SaaS vendors will exit proprietary cloud platforms and use the infrastructure of large-scale cloud providers
- The cloud will become the central point for High Performance Computing (HPC), in particular for AI and analytics.
- On-premise will increasingly lose appeal because of its cost and feature lock-in
- Alibaba will grow and surpass Google in size as a major cloud vendor.
- IBM will regroup and organize cloud efforts around the Rd Hat acquisition
- Oracle will continue to focus on its SaaS and database products