The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Data Centers are rapidly being transformed. They’re shrinking in size, drawing more power, and increasing in complexity — with the result that they are able to provide a rapidly increasing capacity for computation.
Recently Kurt Marko at InformationWeek reviewed the state of Data Centers. Marko notes that as data centers are evolving that they are increasingly becoming more specialized and expensive to build. He also notes that most data centers have shifted to the use of virtualization and commodity servers.
The 2012 InformationWeek report found that:
- 73 percent expect data center demand will increase throughout 2012
- 67 percent of IT budgets fund maintenance while the remaining 33% going to new projects
- 67 percent of businesses are working to create private clouds
- 50 percent expect that half of their servers will be virtualized by 2013.
- 57 percent say that the most important benefit of server virtualization is the cost savings