The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Organizations are on-board with understanding that adoption of new technologies are the main way to stay to relevant. But those same organizations are reluctant to fund training to keep their staff current with technology trends. The disconnect between a desire for technology adoption and reluctance to train employees is a cause for concern.
A study by Appian found that organizations identified the following technologies as areas that they would like to adopt:
- Artificial Intelligence (93 percent)
- Internet of Things (76 percent)
- Natural Language Processing (58 percent)
But those same companies say the following things are blocking that adoption from moving forward:
- 82 percent of organizations don’t have workers with the right tech skill sets
- 91 percent of organizations say that their tech budgets are already stretched too tight to take on something new
- 72 percent don’t think that they can scale their IT efforts to keep pace with business requirements
What’s the solution? Appian is a maker of low-code platform development options, and their suggestion is to adopt low-code software. That ultimately may be the solution or one solution, but it seems too early to jump completely onto the low-code bandwagon.