The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
How will robots/AI be able to work collaboratively with humans?
Manish Bahl, Cognizant’s head of the Center for Future Work in the Asia-Pacific, said that there are five T’s to consider for getting humans and machines to work together collaboratively:
- Teams – The future will see increasingly small and flexible teams that can fluidly morph and apply technology to address problems and challenges.
- Tasks – Work will need to be divided between human and machine contributions and UIs need to be built to enable machine collaboration.
- Talent – Human jobs of the future will focus on creativity, problem-solving, organization and communication.
- Technology – A solid IT infrastructure is needed to support a framework that uses AI and robotics.
- Trust – Businesses need to assure workers that their jobs are not at risk and that machines need to be given some level of trust.
Ranjit Rajan, associate VP, Middle East, Turkey and Africa at IDC, said that “as more organisations create workplaces run by robotics, the AI agent in most cases will be expected to work alongside the human agent. This will present significant challenges around how human resources (HR) teams will enforce and assess things like key performance indicators and employee goals, which are aligned to the company’s execution strategy.”