The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
In another sign that use of Open Source software in organizations is now mainstream, FuseSource, an open source integration and messaging solutions company, released the results of a survey that attempts to profile the usage of Open Source within the enterprise.
The survey reported the following:
- 51 percent of respondents said that they plan to deploy Open Source software in more than 50 percent of their enterprise application projects.
- 73 percent of respondents said that Open Source provided them greater flexibility than traditional software license models
- 58 percent of respondents said that Open Source helped them to reduce their development time schedule
- 89 percent of respondents said that the potential cost savings of Open Source is a driving factor that caused them to consider the use of Open Source
- 73 percent of respondents said that Open Source software often offered superior technical benefits when compared to traditional software