The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
The benefits of capturing paper documents and converting them into digital format are well known. The benefits include:
- Better organization of data
- Improve access to information
- Improve searchability of data / significantly faster
- Increase information security
- Digital documents saves space / reduce storage costs
- Information is easier to disseminate / distribute
- Provides a strategy for disaster recovery
- Medical record scanning is growing rapidly as health care professionals push to go digital. HITECH, the flow of economic stimulus funds and changes to requirements for Medicaid payments have caused this area of records scanning to grow by 22 percent last year.
- 11 percent growth occurred for new scan projects driven by a need to recover physical space that had been filled with paper records
- There was 8 percent growth in project to scan documents and records in business that were closing but which were required by law to retain their records for seven years, an unfortunate side-effect of a poor economy.
- There was 4 percent growth among organizations adopting scanning solutions for “environmental” considerations — a desire to go “green”
Better organization of dataImprove access to informationImprove searchability of data / significantly fasterIncrease information securityDigital documents saves space / reduce storage costs