The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
The EU has recently published a blueprint for a set of new regulations they plan to adopt that will cover technology issues, particularly relative to Artificial Intelligence and Data. The publication is called “Shaping Europe’s Digital Future.”
Ursula von der Leyen, EU president, said that ” this is the White Book for Artificial Intelligence and data strategy. In Europe, we are caring very much for individual rights and our values. The digital strategy we put forward today is connecting all these dots and putting it into a concept. We want the digital transformation to power our economy and we want to find European solutions in the digital age.”
- AI applied to systems in health, policing and transportation, areas considered to be high risk, require human oversight to ensure that the systems are transparent and traceable.
- Machine Learning training must be based on data that is unbiased to insure nondiscrimination.
- Provides methods for test and certification of data used in algorithms to protect consumers.
- Creation of a regulatory framework that will encourage businesses and government to share data while protecting personal data and consumer rights.
- Encouragement of the public sector to open up high value data sets.
- Public encouragement to build data sets specific to the EU that focus on areas like industrial manufacturing, the green deal, mobility and health.