Formtek Extensions for Alfresco
Formtek extensions are available for installation on Alfresco. These extensions improve the functionality within Alfresco and satisfy the use cases for many Alfresco implementations.
The extensions include:
- The Formtek Auditing Extension is integrated with the Alfresco Share application to provide a complete audit log of actions performed on documents, folders, and other types of content stored in the Alfresco repository. The Auditing Extension records the action performed, the date and time the action occurred, the user who performed the action, and optional details on the action. Each document and folder maintains its own auditing information, and any user who can access the document or folder can also view its audit log.
Additionally, administrators can use the Audit History or Workflow History tool to search the repository for audit records or workflow records based on a variety of search criteria. In addition to document and folder audit information, the Audit History tool provides audit information on other repository content such as sites and different types of data lists.
- The Formtek File Linking Extension allows a single document stored in Alfresco to be accessible from multiple locations without physically duplicating the document. A user who is able to access the primary document is able to create a reference in any number of locations that links back to the physical document. Any changes made to the physical document or its metadata are immediately accessible from all referenced locations.
- The Formtek Peer Association Extension makes it possible for associations to be established between documents within Alfresco Share. When an association is established, a visual confirmation of the association is provided in the View form of the document that created the association where it provides a link to each associated document by name.
- The Formtek Version Browser Extension allows a user to select any older document version in Alfresco Share and view its Web preview and associated metadata, or download that version.
- The Formtek PDF Rendering Extension provides a PDF rendition of an Alfresco-supported file type. If the Formtek EDM Module is installed, this includes rendering .dwg, .dxf and .dwf file types into PDF. PDF Rendering also allows watermarking on the rendered PDF.
Want more information?
Check out the YouTube playlist of Formtek Extensions for Alfresco.