The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
With new features, and support for Alfresco 6.2.x on Windows or Linux
The Formtek Engineering Data Management (EDM) Solution allows for the management of engineering drawings and CAD files within Alfresco. The Formtek EDM Module extracts and maps AutoCAD attributes to Alfresco properties, extracts text from AutoCAD files for Solr indexing, renders AutoCAD, MicroStation, and IFC drawings for viewing, manages external reference associativity, and much more. The Formtek EDM Connector for AutoCAD allows users to interact with the Alfresco repository from within the AutoCAD application.
New in this release:
- New CADConverter executables, and updated CADExtractor executables, for both Linux and Windows
- Transformation support for the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) file formats
- Support for the rendering of double-byte Asian character sets
- Support for PDF, DGN, and DWF underlays as external references in the complete drawing rendition
- Support for Inventor objects within AutoCAD drawings
- Support for images embedded as OLE objects within AutoCAD drawings
- New global properties to change the CADConverter conversion settings:
- to utilize the OpenGL library for shading in drawing renditions:
- to change the background color of any drawing rendition
- to change the thumbnail and image preview color
- to change additional conversion settings
Customers and Partners can refer to Knowledge Base Article 496 in the Formtek Online Support portal.
To subscribe, or request additional information, contact email@example.com.