Formtek Extensions for Alfresco
Formtek extensions are available for installation on Alfresco. These extensions improve the functionality within Alfresco and satisfy the use cases for many Alfresco implementations.
The extensions include:
- The Formtek Peer Association Extension makes it possible for associations to be established between documents within Alfresco Share. When an association is established, a visual confirmation of the association is provided in the View form of the document that created the association where it provides a link to each associated document by name.
- The Formtek File Linking Extension allows a single document stored in Alfresco to be accessible from multiple locations without physically duplicating the document. A user who is able to access the primary document is able to create a reference in any number of locations that links back to the physical document. Any changes made to the physical document or its metadata are immediately accessible from all referenced locations.
- The Formtek Version Browser Extension allows a user to select any older document version in Alfresco Share and view its Web preview and associated metadata, or download that version.
- The Formtek Auditing Extension provides a complete audit log for every file and folder within Alfresco. The Extension is integrated within the Alfresco Share interface and, when selected, displays the audit log for a file or folder, including the action performed, the date and time the action occurred, and the user that performed the action.
- The Formtek PDF Rendering Extension provides a PDF rendition of an Alfresco-supported file type. If the Formtek EDM Module is installed, this includes rendering .dwg, .dxf and .dwf file types into PDF. The latest version of PDF Rendering, for Alfresco 4.2, also allows watermarking on the rendered PDF.