The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
XaaS: Digital Transformation Delivered as a Service.
XaaS = Anything/Everything/Technology as a Service. It is a catch-all term for the many types of cloud computing scenarios, like SaaS (Software/Applications as a service), PaaS (Platform as a service), DBaaS (Database) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
Amarkant Singh, Head of Product, Botmetric, said that “thanks to all of its fundamental models â€“ IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, plus the latest XaaS, the cloud has brought in democratization of infrastructure for businesses. XaaS is ushering in more of ready-made, do-it-yourself components and drag-and-drop development.”
The benefits of an as-a-service model include:
- Shift from capital to operational expenditures results in lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Enables businesses of any size to access applications
- Enables cloud vendors to leverage economies of scale
- Enables businesses to flexibly scale up or down, as needed
- Speeds implementation time for adding new applications and business processes
- Frees up staff and resources
Lesley MacDonald, Programs Manager at Dell EMC, said that “this model [XaaS] is not only limited to online services. Bricks-and-mortar businesses are also being transformed through digital connectivity. Transportation-as-a-service is being fulfilled by companies like Uber and Lyft; grocery-as-a-service is being offered by chains such as Safeway and Whole Foods; and accommodation-as-a-service is a lodging rental service provided by Airbnb. This is just the tip of the iceberg with many more on their way.”
Leave a Reply