The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Enterprise software has undergone dramatic changes over the last decade. Modern enterprise software is now much easier to use, easier to access and easier to configure. That’s great news for first-time customers shopping around for a new system, but it may stoke some envy from customers locked into implementations of older enterprise software.
A recent survey conducted by Intact Software interviewed users of traditional ERP systems and asked them to list their pain points with their current system. Their answers were generic and are equally applicable to the types of problems experienced by users of almost any older enterprise software, not just ERP. In this case, the users questioned are ERP customers with about two-thirds of them using at least one of SAP, Microsoft Dynamics or SAGE ERP systems.
The top 10 problems cited by these users are as follows:
- 30 percent – Costly to upgrade
- 22 percent – Costly to maintain
- 20 percent – Inflexible and difficult to adapt to meet changing business needs
- 20 percent – Expensive to change
- 20 percent – Each department runs on a different system with a different database
- 18 percent – Difficult to extract needed information
- 12 percent – Business processes have to change in order to fit to the software
- 12 percent – Not possible to get one view of the data
- 12 percent – Expensive add-ons are required to meet requirements
- 7 percent – Information extracted from the system is not accurate
The sponsor of this survey, ERP software vendor Intact Software, obviously wanted to companies to re-think their current ERP systems compared to newer and more modern systems like Intact. While we in no way promote Intact Software specifically, we think their advice is good. There are many new options becoming available for enterprise software. Options that range from cloud-based ones, to Open Source ones, to newer proprietary ones. It’s generally good advice to compare options and see if your existing solution measures up.