The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Data Management: Businesses Look to Data to Improve Efficiency and Reduce Costs
How are businesses targeting data to promote growth? A survey by CompTIA identified three categories of trends that they see across businesses:
- Analyze – Identify the sources of data and processes that use the data
- Organize – Businesses are creating teams dedicated to analyzing data
- Apply – Businesses are looking at how new technologies like AI and blockchain can be applied to their data to gain competitive advantage.
When asked to identify their top challenges, businesses cite the time to analyze and integrate data:
Seth Robinson, senior director of technology analysis at CompTIA, recommends four areas that businesses should focus on to improve data management:
- Data Sourcing – Ensure that maintained data is high quality and accurate
- Data Processing – Enable processing and integration with a wide variety of data types
- Data Analytics – Structure analytics and metrics around corporate objectives
- Data Security – Develop processes and tools which minimize risks from data loss or breaches.
Leave a Reply