The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Google’s Eric Schmidt first introduced the term “Cloud Computing” in 2006. Now, thirteen years later, the term is ubiquitous. What next for the cloud? Flexera recently created a survey of the state of cloud computing.
The 786 businesses that responded to the Flexera survey confirmed the widespread use of the cloud. 94 percent of them are using some type of cloud computing.
- Enterprise estimated spend on the cloud jumped 24 percent from 2018 to 2019
- 50 percent of the companies in the survey spend more than $1.2 million annually on cloud services
- 35 percent of cloud expenses are wasted on unutilized cloud resources.
- The use of Kubernetes and Docker containers continues to grow. 66 percent of enterprises use Docker. 48 percent of enterprises use Kubernetes.
- Microsoft’s Azure cloud is growing rapidly to challenge AWS.