The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Over just a few years, the growth of Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been phenomenal. Expect more of the same for the near future.
- Healthcare – Intelligent medical devices to improve patient experience.
- Construction – smart cameras and drones will make projects more efficient
- Logistics – warehouse robots for faster completion of tasks
- Automotive – Autonomous vehicles will reduce need for parking lots and gas stations.
- Agriculture – Better crop and weather monitoring and prediction. Better use of herbicides.
- Energy – Wind turbines that can self adjust based on wind conditions
- Security – Facial recognition in real time to identify suspects.
AI Algorithms are getting smarter. But more importantly, computer chips dedicated to AI are getting more performant and becoming more energy efficient.
New chips designed by MIT engineers, for example, are 3-7 times faster than current generation AI chips and were designed to have 95 less power consumption. Low power chips like these are great candidates for use in Internet of Things (IoT) devices like sensors.
IoT and mobile devices equipped with AI capabilities will grow rapidly, predicts Deloitte. Today just 6 percent of IoT and mobile devices are AI capable, but that will grow to more than 43 percent by 2023.
The Deloitte report found that “increasingly, machines will learn from experiences, adapt to changing situations, and predict outcomes. Some will infer users’ needs and desires and even collaborate with other devices by exchanging information, distributing tasks, and coordinating their actions.”