The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Code Development: Python Now Ranks Among Top Three Programming Languages
Python has moved up in popularity, unseating C++, and now is in third position in the TIOBE list of popular computer programming languages.
The TIOBE index report noted that “the Python programming language started as a successor of Perl to write build scripts and all kind of glue software. But gradually it entered also other domains. Nowadays it is quite common to have Python running in large embedded systems.”
What are the reasons for Python’s popularity?
- Easy to learn. Python’s main competitors, Java and C, are more complex. C, in particular,requires the programmer to learn low-level concepts from the very beginning, like understanding memory management.
- Active Community. Python has good documentation, tutorials, guides, and depth of answers to common coding questions on sites like StackOverflow.
- Backing from Google. Google adopted Python in 2006 and has used it for many projects and applications.
- Libraries. Python has great libraries for scientific programming, like NumPy and SciPy, machine learning, and web development, like Django.
- Fast and Efficient. While Python is a scripting language, program execution is relatively fast and can be run on nearly every platform.
One comment on “Code Development: Python Now Ranks Among Top Three Programming Languages”
1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Code Development: Python Now Ranks Among Top Three Programming Languages"
[…] Code Development: Python Now Ranks Among Top Three Programming Languages Formtek Blog […]
I find your blog very useful in which you have mentioned about the coding.