The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Today HashiCorp announces the general availability of their Atlas commercial product. Atlas is a cloud service that wraps their six open-source products: Vagrant, Packer, Serf, Consul, Terraform, and Vault. The goal of the service is to dashboard and control the total DevOp application delivery workflow. Atlas had been available to beta testers since December of last year.
The individual open source product components managed by Atlas include:
- Vagrant, a tool for managing development environments.
- Packer, a tool that automates the building artifacts like AMIs, Docker containers, OpenStack images, and VMware images.
- Terraform, a tool to automate infrastructure provisioning with services like Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, OpenStack, Azure, and more.
- Consul, a tool for runtime orchestration, complete with service discovery, a key/value store, and health checks
- Vault, a tool for managing keys and secrets in distributed systems. Vault is used to store all credentials used by Atlas.
- Serf’s gossip protocol is used by Consul for failure detection and message propagation in a server cluster
Mitchell Hashimoto, Co-Founder and CEO of HashiCorp, said that “Atlas is the solution to application delivery I’ve always envisioned. One dashboard and workflow to get from development to production on any infrastructure, all built on completely open source core components with strong communities.”