The most popular and comprehensive Open Source ECM platform
Some of the predictions for the state of security in 2017 include:
- Ransomware will continue to plague users. Symantec estimates there are more than 1000 cases per day. Although McAfee estimates that attacks will begin to decrease by the end of the year.
- Small and medium-sized business cyberattacks will increase dramatically in 2017.
- Attackers will increasingly turn their attention to mobile. Windows exploits are expected to decline.
- IoT malware and attacks will grow dramatically.
- Law enforcement and industry will cooperate more to try to reduce cybercrime. Threat intelligence sharing among businesses will increase.
- Cloud vendors will improve their security and trust in cloud security will rise
Omer Tene, Vice President, Research & Education, International Association of Privacy Professionals, said that “against a backdrop of escalating cyber events, such as the recent attack on Internet backbone orchestrated through IoT devices, companies will need to train, educate and certify their staff to mitigate personal data risks.”